It’s no lie that camping festival can be hard if you are not prepared. It’s even more important to be prepared when you are camping out in colder-than-normal climates. We made this article to really hammer it in that if you do not prepare yourself then you may not survive or worse yet, have a bad time.
PREPARATION = GOOD TIMES
WINGING IT = YOU COMPLAINING ALL FUCKING NIGHT, PISSING OFF YOUR FRIENDS, AND THEN BLAMING US BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T LISTEN TO ADVICE
This is just a short, basic list that covers the absolute essentials. If you purchased a ticket online you will get a more comprehensive list of info emailed to you a few days before the event.
HOW TO SURVIVE NIGHTMARE FEST & HAVE A GOOD TIME:
– Err on the safe side & book a hotel room! Rooms are not expensive if you split it with a couple people. You can sleep in a comfy bed, take a warm shower, and sleep without noise. Search for rooms in Aberdeen MD. You will be allowed to re-enter the festival and people who have gone through parking will have a tag to show you’ve paid.
– If camping you’ll want to have plenty of blankets. One or two is probably not enough. Go hard with 3 or 4 just to be safe and plan to keep on some layers.
– Bring a fire pit. We will be selling firewood for about $15-$20 that will last you through the cold nights. Fire or ash may not touch the ground. LEAVE NO TRACE!
– Wear layers at night. It gets cold after 2am. A long sleeve shirt and sweatshirt may not be enough to keep you warm. Low temperatures means coats and even gloves.
– Plan to party late. The warehouse will have music until 6am. This is a great way to be around lots of warm bodies most of the night and also protect from any wind.
– EAT HYDRATE EAT HYDRATE EAT. Most people who go into seizures at festivals experience this because they do not have enough electrolytes. Water does not have electrolytes. Food does. Plan to get food in your system from our delicious vendors and plan to drink lots of water throughout the festival. You are allowed to bring your own water or Gatorade! Just make sure it’s un-opened.
– Know where to find EMS. We have a medical station location near the warehouse. They are fully equipped to help you if you have a need for first aid and they are there to help you if you are in an escalated situation.
– Be sure to sleep. Festivals don’t have to be 24/7 partying. Your body needs sleep and we’ve spent several hundreds of thousands of dollars to give you a good show. We want you to have energy when the headliners are on stage!